Monday, December 24, 2012

FRATERVILLE MINER NICHOLAS MASSENGILL

Recently, I was contacted by Linda Massengill, a granddaughter of Nicholas William MASSENGILL (#93).

http://www.seventyyearsinthecoalmines.org/fraterville08sgj.html

Linda informed me of the other children of Nicholas MASSENGILL and Alice AMOS.  I have revised my information about him as seen in the link above.  Thank you, Linda.  In revisiting his census entries, I noticed that Alice (Amos) MASSENGILL was enumerated as Nancy A. in the 1900 census for Anderson County, TN.  So, my presumption is that her full name was Nancy Alice AMOS.  I was unable to find her marriage to Nicholas MASSENGILL in Ancestry.com's Tennessee State Marriages, 1780-2002.  I could not find an Alice AMOS in Tennessee in the 1880 census.  There was a Nannie (common nickname for Nancy in the 19th century) AMOS, age 9, in the household of Presley and Mary AMOS.   They are probably the Presley AMOS and Polly AMOS who were married 9 November 1842 in Roane County, TN.  This was probably in the part of Roane County that became part of the newly formed Loudon County in 1870.

No comments:

Post a Comment