Thursday, April 29, 2010

New Home Page

Starting this afternoon, my website has a new home page. I have reorganized the content of the website into themes. These include coal mining, family history and genealogy, miscellaneous other topics, and previous and current blogs. I have placed a temporary introductory paragraph on the home page to explain some of the changes. This paragraph will remain on the home page for a few months and then will be removed. I hope that these changes will highlight the varied content on the site. The link to the Fraterville page will be activated on or before the anniversary date of May 19th.

2 comments:

  1. Hello
    My Grandmother's family was Adkins They lost 13 men in the Fraterville Mine May 19 1902. It is something I think about quite often. My great great great grandfather was Levi Adkins he is buried at Bethel Baptist church in Clinton.I hope that they willmake make mining safier for those brave men that do that job. God Bless Our Miners & Rest IN Peace those of you from Fraterville and Cross Mountain
    Piettia Heinfer York

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Cousin Piettia, thank you for your comments. I am also a descendant of Levi ADKINS through his daughter, Mary Martha ADKINS who married Capt. William Carroll CARNS. Levi ADKINS is my 4th great grandfather. What is your grandmother's name? I may have her in my file.

    Bailey

    ReplyDelete